Estimated reading time: 8 minute(s)
According to their official website, The Nation of Islam (NOI) has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the people they believe are responsible for the death of Minister Robert Muhammad. Before his mysterious death, he was the local representative of The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan and the NOI in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The defendants are trying to have the case dismissed and a hearing will take place on Friday, Dec. 9th at 1:00pm to decide if the case gets thrown out. The NOI is calling on people to pack the Kent County Courthouse located at 180 Ottawa Street, 12th Floor Grand Rapids, MI.
I. Family Man
Minister Robert Muhammad was born September 6, 1974. Minister Robert went on to join the Air Force, was honorably discharged, and married his wife, Sister Yreva Muhammad, in January of 2000. As a result of their union, they had 8 beautiful children, 4 boys and 4 girls.
II. Community Activist
In addition to being a devoted family man, Minister Robert was an active member of the community in and around Grand Rapids, Michigan. He served as a minister in the Nation of Islam and maintained a close working relationship with the Christian community through Life Quest Ministries.
III. Untimely Death
September 5, 2014, started like any other day for Minister Robert. He helped to get the children prepared for school, kissed his wife, and headed o to work.
At some point during the day, he and other co-workers went to Muskegon Lake for an “outing”. During the course of the outing, they all got onto a boat and road out onto the lake.
As the “story” goes, Minister Robert began swimming back to shore, got within 5 feet of the boat, and simply went under the water.
Robert Muhammad before he got into the water on Sept. 5, 2014.
Robert Muhammad when he was pulled from the water, dead Sept. 6, 2014.
IV. Questionable Investigation
- Muskegon investigators did not interview one co-worker on the day of the incident.
- Not one investigator could explain the injuries to Minister Robert’s face.
- No photographs or forensic testing was done on the boat
- The local office of the justice department found nothing unusual with the investigation.
V. What We Want
- We want justice for Minister Robert Muhammad.
- We want Sister Yreva Muhammad and her eight children to know the truth of what happened
- We want the U.S. Justice Department to open a full and complete inquiry into the questionable investigation of Minister Robert Muhammad’s death